The casserole is the ultimate comfort food, a creamy, gooey one-dish meal that’s baked till bubbly. Casseroles were a mainstay in our childhood, made with leftover roasted chicken from Sunday and cans of Campbell’s cream of chicken soup. It’s a one-dish wonder that also hides vegetables, fooling even the pickiest eater. And today, you will learn the new and delicious style in making this healthy meal!
This Casserole is so easy, quick, I assure you, it is yummy and creamy!
- Salt to taste
- 125g pork belly is optional ,you can skip the pork if you don’t like
and of course you can also use any kind of vegetable that you want.
- 1. Slice all of the ingredients:(carrots, zucchini, potatoes, celery, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 2. In a hot pan, cook the pork belly for 1-2 minutes
- 3. Then put all the vegetables and mix well…
- 4. You may or may not add salt if the pork belly you bought is already salty
- 5. Cook for about 2 minutes
- 6. Transfer the vegetables into a casserole
- 7. Then pour the Bechamel Sauce (White Sauce) This sauce can be used in many recipes such as Casserole(Auflauf), pasta dishes, potato gratin or as a base sauce for other sauces recipes.
How to make the Bechamel Sauce:
Ingredients you need:
- Salt pepper
- All-purpose flour
Steps in Making the sauce:
- Melt butter in a preheated saucepan over medium heat or oil if you do not have butter
- Once melted, add all purpose flour, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes (You may use whisk so that you can mix it well)
- Pour in the milk, whisking continuously
- Season with salt, and ground black or white pepper
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it start to simmer
- Continue whisking over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly
Your sauce is already done and ready to mix with your casserole!
8. After adding the sauce, Put the grated cheese on top
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius in a preheated oven
Today, casserole meals are eaten and appreciated all over the world, from those made with the best, most expensive ingredients to those made by dumping the contents of an open can or two over some leftovers and baking them. Try these easy steps in making vegetable casserole! If you are looking for a comforting side dish for the holidays or entertaining this Vegetable Casserole is your answer!